Someone Runs into Me

 


Here I am, the Land of Nod, 
forever wandering, 

back from having been gone, 
fatter, older, balder, 

stubborn, an unrecognizable man, 
middle aged, 

having been dead a long time, 
having gone up in smoke 

in the vaginal moment O for Dr Desire, 

it is, 
no particle, 

winter day, 

the slippery street, 
that lay, 

is glittering in the rain.

*

Someone runs into me 
in the puddle, 

vaguely a poem on his lips, 
trembling, 

yet his face is flat, 

makes, 
in fact, 

that I seem even slipperier, 

the inclement weather, 

the indestructible cable car 
lifting me uphill, 

offering me the breathtaking 
view of water, 

mountains, skyscrapers, 

distortion.


*

Shooting root without sperm, 
deep into fertile earth, 

I see her, not even asking, 
simply assuming, 

proceeding from the presumption that, 
it is easily said, 

soon agreed, quickly accepted, 

Paradise on Earth, the Garden of Eden, 

a view of Wellington in Tokyo, 
delight in the present tense, 

the overkill of synonyms, 
the same is not the same, 

infra-thin, 

and the one betrays the other, 
there is something else going on here, 

a doubling, a development.